Things to do and see (and learn from!) in Alberta.
- Alberta Genealogical Society
- The Alberta Legislative Assembly
- Alberta Motor Association Driver Education
- The Alpine Club of Canada –
- Ann and Sandy Cross Conservation Area offers conservation education programs. Entry by appointment only. Located just outside the south-western city limits of Calgary.
- Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity provides learning programs in the arts, as well as performances, exhibitions, and special events.
- Banff National Park
- Arts Commons (formerly known as the Calgary Centre for Performing Arts) –
resident companies include Alberta Theatre Projects, Arts Commons Presents, the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, Downstage, One Yellow Rabbit, and Theatre Calgary. They create, perform, and present a wide range of award-winning and highly acclaimed theatre and concerts each season.
- The Calgary Centre of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Contains current astronomical news, calendar of upcoming events, The Binocular Observing Certificate Program, Total Solar Eclipse viewing expeditions, and more.
- Calgary’s Child magazine
- Calgary Public Library
- Calgary Rainforest Action Group CRAG is a group of Southern Alberta citizens concerned about global deforestation. Specifically, the alarming rate of destruction of the world’s rainforests and boreal forests.
- Calgary Science Centre
- Calgary Zoo
- Canmore and Kananaskis Country (mountains)
- Edmonton Public Library
- Edmonton Space & Science Centre
- Edmonton Tourism
- The Glenbow Museum of Calgary –
The Glenbow is western Canada’s foremost centre of history and art. The Glenbow also houses an art gallery, a library, and archives.
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump
The world’s oldest, largest and best preserved buffalo jump known to exist.
- Heritage Park
Located in Calgary. Canada’s largest living historical village is a first class summer tourist attraction and a year-round catering and convention facility.
- Jasper National Park
Skiing, hiking, horseback riding and mountain climbing are just a few of the activities you can enjoy in the midst of this unspoiled Canadian wilderness.
- The King’s University – Christian university in Edmonton, accepts homeschoolers.
- The Royal Tyrell Museum of Paleontology
Located just outside of Drumheller.
- Sentry Box Book Store –
adventure gaming and science fiction/fantasy book store.
- Spruce Meadows
Located in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies south of Calgary, Spruce Meadows is a complex for the sport of show jumping. Facility rental info, a ‘Name the Foal’ contest, tournament results and dates, and ticket info.
- The University of Calgary
- The University of Alberta –
- Waterton Lakes National Park –
Waterton/Glacier International Peace Park
- West Edmonton Mall –
Spans the equivilant of 48 city blocks.