- Grade Learning — all subjects, all grades — various locations.
tutoring by Ontario certified teachers. Group tutoring available, or one on one. High school credits available.
- Tutor Doctor — all subjects, all grades — various locations.
Phone: 1-877-9TUTOR9 (988-8679)
- MoreMusic — music lessons — Tillsonburg
Music program for children in grades 4 to 8, learning how to play on wind and brass instruments. Instruments are available for rental.
Also offering individual music lessons in a wide range of instruments to students starting at age 5 and continuing up to university. Those instruments include piano, violin, guitar, voice as well as any of the wind or brass instruments that they can learn as a group.
27-129 Concession St E
Tillsonburg ON N4G 4N4
Phone: 842-7473 or 688-5127
- North Huron Museum — Wingham
A community museum that celebrates the history of the region and has exhibits on medicine, the military, recreation, CKNX, local industry and more. The children’s program is very hands-on, giving them the opportunity to touch and feel artifacts.
Street Address: 273 Josephine Street, Wingham, Ontario
Post Address: Box 1522, Wingham, Ontario, N0G 2W0
Telephone: (519) 357-1096
Fax: (519) 357-1110
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
also on Facebook and Linkedin
- Primarily Piano — piano lessons — London
Contact: Yolanda Postma
Phone: (519) 686-8346
Toronto & GTA
- A + Tutors For Less – Home Tutoring — Toronto & GTA
- Art Instruction with Judith Jewer — Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Scarborough East.
painting, drawing, sculpture, one-to-one or groups of up to 6 kids with similar ages and abilities.
Phone number: 905-839-7816
Judith’s students art online: judithjewer.blogspot.ca
- Bata Shoe Museum — Toronto
exhibits explore the roles and meanings of footwear, footwear of notable people, footwear of Native North Americans, shoemaking traditions from around the world. Guided programs and self-guided programs for students JK-12.
327 Bloor St West
Toronto, ON M5S 1W7
Teacher Resource Website: www.allaboutshoes.ca
To book a field trip, contact:
Phone: (416) 979-7799 xt 242
- Celina’s String Studio — fiddle, violin, viola — Toronto
Celtic, Old Time & Classical; Fiddle, Violin, and Viola Lessons
Celina Di Cecca B.Mus.
- Early Learning Foundations — Mississauga
Tutoring and Homeschool Enrichment Program
Contact: Carla Ward, RECE
- Tutoring: One on one tutoring in children’s homes to increase their academic foundation and understanding.
- Homeschool Enrichment Program: An extension of parent’s personalized homeschooling program. An opportunity to work on cooperative play skills, conflict resolution, differentiated instruction and a theme based academic curriculum.
- EDvise Educational Consultants — reading clinics — Toronto
Daytime reading clinics with specialists using an Orton-Gillingham approach suitable for students who may not be able to learn through traditional classroom instruction. A distinct feature of the Orton-Gillingham approach is that reading, spelling and written language are taught simultaneously. Teaching style includes multisensory teaching.
Toronto Bathurst/St. Clair location:
Toronto Yonge/Eglinton location:
- Educational Workshops for Home Schooling Educators — Greater Toronto GTA
Contact: Stanley R. Taylor, Retired Educator
Author of Taylor’s Pneumatic Toys available on Amazon, Chapters and Barnes & Noble
- Paul Harrison — History, Latin, Philosophy, English Writing, Literature — Central Toronto (Face-to-Face), and Online
Lessons available face-to-face in central Toronto (September-May 1st) and in Ottawa (May-August 31st).
Online Lessons also available.
Individual or Group lessons
- Learn Literacy — Reading/ Writing & Dyslexia Support — Mississauga
Individualized reading/ writing instruction and dyslexia support for students of all ages and learning needs.
Cheryl Urbanczyk, BS, MA, OCT- Reading Specialist
7286 Saint Barbara Blvd
Mississauga ON L5W 0C1
- Medieval Times — history and performing arts — Toronto
Medieval Times is a family-friendly dinner show inspired by 11th century feasts and jousting tournaments, which ties in with the Ontario 4th grade curriculum on medieval history but could also be relevant to the study of music, production, and dramatic arts. In a castle-style decor in Toronto, a medieval-style meal * is served by waiters in historical costume while diners eat with their hands (for historical authenticity) and watch the jousting, horsemanship, swordplay, and other games of skill presented by the Knights in the centre stage.
* vegetarian, kosher and halal versions are available upon request
The 2-hour educational matinees also include a 30-minute interactive seminar, bird of prey meet & greet and demonstration. There is also a bar, dance floor, Hall of Arms displaying medieval artifacts and a medieval torture museum.
The regular (non-group) price is $65.95* for an adult, $42.95* for a child under age 13, with children under 3 admitted for free if they sit on an adult’s lap and share a paying guest’s meal. The educational group price (for 15 or more students) is $30.95* per person for a matinee or $39.95* per person for an evening performance or a full menu.
* plus taxes, processing fee, and gratuities
For more information about the show and for show times, visit www.medievaltimes.com. For educational resources (teaching aids and activities), visit www.medievaltimes.com/teachers-students/teachers-guide.html.
- Mississauga Piano Studios — 65 instructors at locations in Mississauga and the GTA. Lessons in piano, guitar, voice, violin, flute, drums, clarinet, saxophone, and keyboard.
- Daytime private lessons available for homeschoolers.
- Optional yearly concerts, festivals, and examinations
For those who mention this listing :
- First piano lesson free for each homeschooler
- Discounted rates for each homeschooler in all instruments and voice
- Mostly Math Enrichment Centre — North York
Educational consulting and guidance services. Mostly Math was created as an open resource centre for families and students to use according to their individualized needs.
1 Elynhill Drive
North York ON M2R 1C5
(West from Mel Lastman Square)
- The Ontario Science Centre’s Educational Programs — Toronto
Ontario Science Centre
770 Don Mills Rd
Toronto, Ontario M3C 1T3
Business Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm- Monday to Friday
Fax on Demand: 416-696-3231
Recorded Info Line: 416-696-3177
School Bookings Phone: 416-696-3140
School Bookings Fax: 416-696-3226
Camps/Sleepover Phone: 416-696-3256
Camps/Sleepover Fax: 416-696-3139
The Ontario Science Centre’s Educational Programs for Canadian schools are available to homeschoolers as well, including the Early Bird Special discount ($5 saving per person), provided that the Homeschool group meets the criteria for Canadian School Group Admission rates:
1) pre-booking and confirmation by mail or fax
2) a minimum of 10 students per group for an exhibit hall visit
3) a minimum of 20 students per group for a School Program
4) a minimum number of supervisors, based on a ratio of students to supervisors depending on grade level
The Canadian School programs are listed on their web site. If you have difficulty meeting the minimum student number requirements, you can either try to build up the sze of your group through announcements on the hs-ontrips list, or you may bring any fewer number of students you like, provided the minimum number are paid for. (Another option is a family membership. It will not gain you admission to the school programs, but does provide access to the public demonstrations and lectures put on every day at the Centre.) Bookings are made on a first come first served basis and are not done over the phone due to the volume of calls. If you are interested in booking a school-program visit, fill out the Special Offer School Visits application form and fax it to the Centre.
- Purple Carrots Drama Studio
Inclusive drama classes specializing in varying abilities. Workshops are designed to improve connection and communication through drama, with a focus on self-expression, socials skills, confidence and team work. Workshops include drama, music, movement and visual art.
- Michael Reist: Tutor-Mentor — Caledon East
Help with Academics, Behaviour, Goal-Setting, Parent-Child Relations
Michael Reist B.A., B.Ed., M.A.(T.) is a high school English teacher with 22 years experience and the father of four homeschooled children.
15 McKinley Cresent
Caledon East, Ontario L0N 1E0
Phone: (905) 584-4394
- Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre Educational Programs — Whitchurch-Stouffville
East of Highway 404 and south of Aurora Sideroad in the community of Vandorf
Programs: Educational Programs consist of interactive, authentic heritage programming based on the Ontario Social Studies curriculum. A majority of our school visits are Grade 3 classes; however our programming is flexible and adaptable for most grade levels. Program options include ½ day and full day programs which consist of visits to the heritage buildings and hands-on activities with our professional Historical Interpreters.
Not seeing your ideal program? Send us an email and we can discuss your unique program needs – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Central & Southeastern Ontario
- Seedlings Preschool — Senior Kids Program for ages 5 to 9 — Peterborough
Preschool is a Christian nursery school offering a licensed program for
children ages 5 to 9 years of age, Monday and Wednesday afternoons from
1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. The curriculum is emergent and project based with a
focus on socialization and community.
220 Goodfellow Rd.
Peterborough ON K9J 5X3
- Suzanne Ferguson — OCT — Hastings County
Area: Southeastern Ontario area of Hastings County
possesses a B.A., B.Ed with intermediate and senior qualifications and
is a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers. She
has over 20 years experience teaching elementary and secondary level
subject matter as a full-time classroom teacher.
- Kingston Gymnastics
— Offers Field Trip program from ages 2 and up trying all the different
apparatus including floor, beam, bars, in-ground foam pit, vault and
trampoline. Spectators can watch from viewing upstairs overlooking the
Contact: Holly Lewis
Field Trip Coordinator
- Stéphanie Belzil — Daytime violin lessons offered in Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario, by a professional violin player and qualified teacher who is looking to add homeschoolers to her studio.
- Amy Boyes Piano Studio — piano lessons — Welcoming homeschooling families with sibling discounts and daytime hours, in the Ottawa West Region
- Boundless High School — summer private school that mixes the Ontario Curriculum with outdoor adventure. Base camp location: 600-acre basecamp property in the Ottawa Valley, 3.5 hours Northeast of Toronto, on the banks of the Madwaska River near the village of Palmer Rapids.
Mail: Boundless High School
203 Lonsmount Drive
Toronto, Ontario M5P 2Y6
- Bright Math Camp — summer camp, explores recreational mathematics with gifted students.
Camp location: Carleton University in Ottawa
Mail: Bright Math Camp Inc.
6 Jeremiah Place
Ottawa, Ontario, K2H 8L8
Coordinator: Hélène Desrosiers-Grégoire
Phone: 829-5570 (h) or 797-0080 (c)
- Gloucester Pottery School — Courses in pottery for children 6-12 years of age. The website mentions Saturday classes but homeschoolers can also schedule morning or afternoon classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Shenkman Arts Centre
245 Centrum Blvd
Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1
- Cynthia Harrison — tutoring in History, Latin, French, English Writing, Literature, Math (up to Grade 8) — Individual or Group lessons, at your home or a location of your preference in the Ottawa Area. Flexible hours, Monday – Friday
Contact: Cynthia Harrison
- Paul Harrison — tutoring in History, Latin, Philosophy, English Writing, Literature —
Lessons available face-to-face in Ottawa (May-August 31st) or online.
Individual or Group lessons available. Flexible hours, Monday – Friday
Contact: Paul Harrison
- Sing for Joy! — singing, drama — Ottawa/Hull
Tutor Jennifer Vallance offers group and individual singing lessons to homeschooled children of all ages, in her studio or your home in the Ottawa/Hull area. Classical, Musical Theatre and general singing for confidence/skill building or aiming for RCM examinations. Monday to Friday with hours to suit your needs.
Drama lessons for individuals or small groups (up to 12 students): sessions may be performance oriented, or for skill/confidence building.
Contact Jennifer at (819) 682-0986 or Email: email@example.com